Key Points of EduGuard Guardianship
1. 24-hour service — Guardians can be contacted at all hours in case of an emergency – their mobile number is given to both the student and parent
2. Safety — CRB/DBS – All guardians have a CRB (Criminal Records Check), so you can be rest assured that your child is in good hands
3. Settling in — Ensure that the student settles well within the UK, organising the following all within a week of student arrival (some points will obviously ....happen quicker):
Meet and Greet — Guardians will organise airport pick*
Registration with a local doctor and dentist
Mobile phone (UK sim/contract)
4. Educational mentoring & advice — Guardians work closely with the schools with the overall aim of mentoring students and supporting them in ....attaining academic excellence. The Guardian is someone who will be proactive in pushing students to achieve academically with the support of the ....school. They can be approached for advice at any time – They are also trained in understanding the UK educational system. Guidance, advice and ....support.
5. Formal meetings — Guardians formally meet students at least once per half term to check on progress and send feedback to parents.
6. Parents evening — Guardians will attend parents evening on your behalf and provide a full report for meeting attended.
There are many other areas that they can offer support including; visa application, university application and re-organising accommodation where applicable.
In addition, to the legal requirements guardians often perform many other services, such as:
.Liaising with school on academic or pastoral problems
.Supervision of child’s finances
.Travel and airport transfers
.Purchasing school uniform
.Accommodation before or after terms
.Excursions and holidays
.Accompanying child to dentist or optician
We aim to help you relax in the knowledge that your child is being looked after whilst studying in the UK.